Saturday 25 April 2009

Cherating

I have been here twice and every time I think of this place it makes me feel quite nostalgic for a reason that is very personal to me. I wish things had not changed but it has changed....

There are several nice beaches in Cherating with a string of hotels, resorts, budget chalets, and motels. My favourite beach spot is the one located at Club Med Cherating. Although the beach is accessible to public, it was surprisingly empty at the time when I was there. It was very quiet and hence an excellent spot for sunbathing. The beach is one of the several spots where turtles swim ashore laying eggs during the month of June to September and it is also home to the turtle sanctuary where one could look at live turtles in acquarium if you don't have a chance to watch them on beaches.



Another of my favourite beach is the one located at Cherating Holiday Villa where I stayed on my first visit.

Best time to go is between June and September when the weather is warm and sunny and also when turtles swimming ashore laying eggs during this period. However, if you are a surfer looking for an excitement then the moonsoon season especially December is the good time to visit when the sea is rough and the wave is high.

To taste some local food, I went to Kampung Cherating where there are several restaurants, motels and chalets. You could also drive to Chukai for a cup of coffee and stuffed baked crab.



No comments:

Post a Comment